The Healing Power of WATER
Ever thought: “I must drink more water”? Well, you are most probably right. An estimated 70% of Australians are chronically dehydrated, which may be a major contributing factor to many health problems according to Dr Batmanghelidj, internationally renowned researcher and author on the curative effects of water.
Stress, headache, heartburn, back pain, allergies, high blood pressure and many degenerative health concerns including arthritis, asthma and even some types of cancers may be the result of unintentional chronic dehydration.
How do you know if you’re dehydrated? You may be thirsty, have a dry mouth or have darker coloured urine.
Other signs include decreased coordination, fatigue, dry skin, decreased urine output, blood pressure changes and impairment of judgment.
My tips for healthy hydration:
· drink about 30mL of pure water per kg of body weight daily
· start with a big glass of water first thing in the morning
· drink water half an hour before and after food
· keep a water bottle by your side and sip throughout the day
· do not to wait until you’re thirsty to drink
· drink more when it is hot and when you exercise
· add a ¼ tsp of Celtic or Himalayan sea salt per litre of water
· go easy on tea, coffee, alcohol and manufactured drinks as they actually contribute to dehydration
· try hydrating, pure organic coconut water as a healthier alternative to fruit juices
So, if you are feeling fatigued, stressed, constipated or have any aches or pains, you may just be slightly dehydrated. Just reach for a glass of water first and become your own healer.
Leave a Reply.
I will be sharing some health tips, ideas, opinions and happenings that may be of interest to you.